Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Food Photography

Well here's this morning's attempt at food photography, after attending the Sacramento Bee (newspaper) Food Photography Workshop for bloggers last night.   Actually it was mainly for food bloggers, and it turns out there are a lot of those.  But I was interested in the photography because it's something I struggled with last year when it came to garden produce photos.  I photographed these apricots yesterday for my garden blog.  I picked them in my backyard!  I'm not totally satisfied with this photo but I think it's a LOT better than yesterday's. One thing the instructor mentioned was that the food should be very fresh, and these apricots look like day-old apricots to me!  Anyway, looking forward to much improved food photos from my summer garden!

1 comment:

Lynette said...

I think this photo is doggone good, Melissa. It makes me believe that I can reach out and pick up the bowl.