Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

One Big Family

I'm starting to see goslings at West Davis pond.  Our Canada Geese don't migrate, and they don't have any serious predator either, so there are a lot of them.  And it's not unusual to see up to 10 goslings in a family.  I've never seen anything like this though!  There was another photographer catching this scene, and I asked her if geese run daycare centers.  I seen this on nature shows about penguins, but I didn't think geese have nurseries.  She said she heard there was an adoption.   Several adoptions at least!  They're exeptionally good parents.  No goslings straying at all.   And look at the parents' faces.  I think they're actually smiling, they're so proud!  I count 33. 

3 comments:

Steve Gravano said...

WOW! Our geese are not so prolific, four of five....maybe six, not thirty three! Maybe it's swim camp for goslings or something. Great photo.

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

Fantastic capture with great colors... did you say 33!! Wow! I have never seen anything like that.

Bises,
Genie

Anonymous said...

I did not get this on an update. Amazing little goslings! You have an amazing way of finding life. Loving your photos.