Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Star Light

I think this looks like light filtering through an orchard on a foggy morning, but if you were with me in the car when I took this you would know it's actually a huge cloud of dust.  A farmer was dumping really dry dirt with a bucket loader and every time he did, a huge cloud would form.  I decided to stop and roll down my window for a photo.  (I still need to wash my car and dashboard!)  Something about this scene reminds me of an old Playdough spaghetti factory we used to have.  I think there was a star-shaped insert that would squirt out star-shaped tubes of Playdough. 

2 comments:

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

Melissa, I thought that these were special effects you created afterwards, but no! You really captured the scene with the starburst of light. It is just beautiful!

Bises,
Genie

Ken Mac said...

stunning. just stunning.