Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Monday, July 30, 2012

Ferris Wheel Abstract

I have to admit I took a lot of ferris wheel photos.  The lights change so quickly that each photo is amazingly different.  I don't plan to post anymore of these (at least until the Yolo County Fair next month)  :^)
I really wanted to post this one though because this effect was so interesting to me.  My tripod has a neck adjustment that allows me to change the angle of my camera, and sometimes after I adjust it, it doesn't lock into place properly.  So that's what happened here.  When I tried to zoom out the tripod neck wobbled around a little and it made this cool pattern.  I think maybe the ferris wheel was moving a little at the time too, so the pattern in each row is slightly different.  There's a physics problem here I'm sure. 

3 comments:

píxeles y neuronas said...

I like the abstract play of color and movement.
Agustín.

Anonymous said...

I too like the way it is moving.

This is Belgium said...

the result is interesting !