Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Monday, August 26, 2013

Sunset at Indiana Dunes

What a great sunset last night at the Indiana Dunes State Park.  I was thinking it was going to be really flat because the sky was so blank, but after the sun set the sky got this great pink glow, which reminded me of Central Valley sunsets.  Also there was a sandbar right near the shore, so it gave a nice reflection off the water.  The dark circle in the sandbar is the remains of someone's sand castle.  Chicago was barely visible before the sun set; if it were visible in the photo, it would be at the right edge.  Back in Portland tonight, but I will probably have a few more Indiana and Michigan photos to post in the next few days.  We (FINALLY) move in on Wednesday, so after that I doubt I'll post for a week or so...but so glad to be moving in!

No comments: