Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Butterfly Kite

I'm really partial to monarchs.  Having grown up around the Great Lakes, I got to see their multi-generational migration each summer and fall, and I have great respect for their journey and fond Midwestern memories of spotting butterflies in July and searching for chrysalises come September.  I thought this monarch kite looked so pretty glowing with the sunlight behind it at the kite festival Sunday morning.  I also have a monarch micro-kite (4 inches with a 10 foot tail!) which I had so much fun flying at the festival this weekend. I had forgotten what a carefree feeling you get flying a kite!

3 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

that is very pretty. :)

TexWisGirl said...

(the whistlers have always been around here thru summer, but many of the larger flocks continue on after resting here in spring. we usually see anywhere from 2 - 20 in any day. but after we fed 100 - 250 all winter long for the first time, i'm enjoying the quiet time.)

maryaustria said...

A pretty butterfly!
Great shots from the Kite Festival ... all these flying animals ... gorgeous!