Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Poplar Farm, Summer

Driving home from eastern Washington took us past the hybrid poplar farm in Boardman, Oregon.  Of course I had to stop again for an abstract summer version of this farm.  I took a very similar photo in early April when the leaves where a light chartreuse color.  Here's a link to that post if you're interested in comparing, or you could type poplar farm into the search bar at the top of the page.  This image came out much softer.  I think that is mainly because I picked an older section of trees for this photo, and very little sunlight was filtering through.  Now I'll need to get this shot again in fall and winter to complete my seasonal series!

3 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

love it! like silk curtains!

Gail Dixon said...

Melissa, this is really something! Love the colors and the graphical lines. Would make a beautiful series of canvases for your wall.

Sketchbook Wandering said...

Melissa, it captures nature in such a sweet, flowing way...