Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

June 1

The great blue heron is my favorite bird to watch. There are several spots on Budd Inlet where I can find them; this is the pier at West Bay. The tide had just started going out which is the best time to spot wildlife. I think this heron had staked out his fishing spot and was waiting on the tide. I really wanted this photo to be about the heron, but I couldn't get a better angle than this, and it really bothered me that he was sort of lost in the shot with the pier behind him. I did crop this so the heron would be more of the focus, otherwise it would be the piers that always end up in my West Bay shots (April 28th, May 17th and 18th). I think the light is nice, and the focus is pretty good. I think I used the timer on this shot.
f/5.6, 1/60, 200mm

No comments: