Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Friday, June 4, 2010

June 4


I thought these were wild poppies growing on the side of the road. Orange isn't a color I have much opportunity to photograph, so I was excited to try this shot. I don't think they're poppies though; they have an orange center. As an overall picture I'm happy with this composition. I had the hardest time figuring out where to put the flowers, especially with all the tall grass around. This is a wide angle view, so I'm only about 6 inches from the flowers. That blue sky in the background is what's known around here as a "sunbreak". They usually happen around dinner time, it seems, and that's not a good photography time for me. Today we got a nice one in the late morning. About five minutes after I took this photo it started raining! f/4, 1/640, 18mm

No comments: