Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Taken for Granite

I probably shouldn't admit this, but I think I was a young adult before I realized the phrase was actually "taken for granted."  Granite just made sense to me.  I put it in the same category as "set in stone" or "rock solid."  My kids tell me there is a TV trope named "taken for granite" that means a character has literally turned to stone.  Ha ha.  As for the photo, I really liked how much the light temperature is changing as the stairs curve around.  I don't really see this on my own, but the camera is much more sensitive to the light temperature, so once I see something like this in the display panel then I can play around with how to compose it.  I have another photo taken from the underside of the stairs that is really interesting too.  I'm heading up to Seattle today so I probably won't be able to post again until the weekend, but I'll upload the other photo just in case.  Hope everyone has a good week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. I love your description of light temperature. I have so much to learn about photography! Where are the steps may I ask?