Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Breakfast

It's pretty common, walking along the beach as the tide goes out, to see crab shells, but I've never seen a live crab like this before.  I'm not sure how he got here, but it wasn't a good sign for him.  He was surrounded by hungry seagulls when we approached.  The seagulls were lurking in the background waiting for us to leave.  I'm not sure what happened after we headed down the beach, but I think this little guy turned into breakfast. 

2 comments:

Sketchbook Wandering said...

I guess it speaks to the uncertainty of life...I feel his vulnerability in this vast sea. Visually, I'm struck by the complementary colors that draw my attention to this little guy. Speaking of visually, I enjoy your visually sensitive comments to my little images. I appreciate your photos here on various levels...

TexWisGirl said...

awww. poor loner.