Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Ocean Shores

We got away for a few days over Veteran's Day weekend.  A short trip to Ocean Shores, Washington.  This town hosts several kite festivals during the year.  No festivals during our visit, just a few kites flying in the wind.  This particular kite was up both days.  I wish I'd talked to the owner, barely visibly at the back of his SUV.  I wonder if he was just out for the weekend, or if he flies the kite daily.  And I wonder how big this kite measures.  When we arrived on Sunday he was just finishing up, so we got to see him packing up the kite which was quite an ordeal, folding it just so with a strong wind blowing.  I was glad when he returned on Monday so I could get a photo. 

2 comments:

Sketchbook Wandering said...

In my old home there used to be lots of kites on certain Sundays in parks by the sea...how wonderful they are, kites!! And how complex these days...I enjoyed taking with owners from time to time. Some of them traveled from park to park along the New England coast. Like gypsies some of them were with their trucks & vans.

Lynette said...

Spectacular colors mixed with the taupe-colored sand. I like this photo!