Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Fish Ladder

I traveled east along the Columbia River Gorge yesterday, and one of my stops was the Bonneville Dam.  The fish ladder wraps partially around the visitors center, and funnels salmon up and around the dam.  I can't say I saw any salmon heading up the ladder when I was there.  I think I missed the main time when they run. I liked the colors though; the weather was overcast and the water looked so green.  I was thinking the lines and colors might make an interesting abstract so I tried to photograph the greenest area of the water. 

2 comments:

Lynette said...

Yes, you've got an interesting photo here, Melissa. I like that Coca-Cola bottle green.

Folkways Note Book said...

Water abstract -- yes -- showing the power of water -- barbara