Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Friday, November 22, 2013

Horse Tail Falls

I'm feeling under the weather this week, and trying to take it easy, but I have this photo from my trip along Historic Highway 30 in Oregon earlier this month.  Horse Tail Falls is just one of many waterfalls between Portland and Bonneville Dam on this route.  This particular waterfall lands in a round pond at the edge of the road, so the viewing area is surprisingly close to the falls. 

4 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

neat name for a beautiful fall! hope you feel better, soon!

Lynette said...

Hope you get better quickly. I myself am getting better, slowly. One of these days I'll learn how to take photos of the falls in this manner. Your photo is superb.

Sketchbook Wandering said...

Hope you feel better soon. You really caught the horse tail image...but also, there's a magical quality in the light...a very dramatic falls here in your photo.

Folkways Note Book said...

Lovely shot. I remember driving along that route years ago -- so many beautiful sites in the Pacific Northwest. Nature is in its element in this area.-- barbara