Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Monday, April 7, 2014

Multnomah Falls #2

We headed to Eastern Washington on Saturday, and that means crossing into Oregon to drive along I-84, which is a much faster road than the one on the Washington side.  I'd have to be in an awful hurry not to stop at Multnomah Falls driving on 84, and in this terrific drizzle and fog, there was no way I wasn't stopping; the view was just too interesting to pass up.  When we approached by car, the fog was so thick at the top of the falls that it looked like they fell straight from the clouds.  By the time we parked and I got my camera out the fog had shifted.  This was that first photo, taken from the parking lot.

5 comments:

Lynette said...

Melissa, fabulous photo and I love the text that goes with it. Thanks for a beautiful image of a very special sight for me and my family--my Mama's ashes were sprinkled out on the Columbia in view of Multnomah Falls.

TexWisGirl said...

how AWESOME!

Bill said...

Wonderful shot! Looks to be a beautiful place.

Gail Dixon said...

Gorgeous photo! I love that place! I have a post coming up for Tex's fence meme of the footbridge there.

Folkways Note Book said...

You are right -- that is a perfect photo of the falls -- frame that one!!! -- barbara