Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Tulips at Sunrise

I've been back from the Palouse for over a week now, and while I've been posting photos from my trip out there I was continuing the tulip field practice.  This is probably my best photo from the week.  This particular tulip variety is called Dordogne. I like the morning dew, and unopened tulips, plus the colors are really soft. I arrived at the field about an hour after sunrise, which is sleeping in for morning photographers.  There were several photographers there, just finishing up and probably chuckling at my late arrival.  I feel like I would have liked the light better if I'd shown up an hour earlier.  I did try arriving earlier later in the week, but it didn't go quite as planned.  I'll post some photos of that particular trip over the weekend.

5 comments:

Alica said...

I'm enjoying your tulip fields! :)

TexWisGirl said...

that's beautiful. i do like the subtle colors and light!

Gail Dixon said...

What a stunning photo!! I think the light is beautiful here, making each bloom shine. There are times I've gotten up really early and the light is not good at all. Be very proud of your images this week. I have certainly been inspired by them. :)

Sketchbook Wandering said...

LOVE! Love the softness & the highlights on the edges...

Lynette said...

Seeing this photo fills my heart with joy.