Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

July 13

Ah Rd.96.  My favorite country road around here.  Last year there were watermelons growing in this field for seed.  I cut through here today on my way home because we had a nice sky with clouds again and I thought it would work well with the sunflowers, but ended up using the windmill instead.  I think this is f/14, and I had to move my ISO up to 400 with my polarizer on.  Although I'm not seeing the polarizer here, so I think I didn't adjust that as I was changing angles, so it was wasted on light loss.  I'm surprised by how blurry the windmill is still.  I guess it's because I'm standing so close to the sunflowers (the photo was hardly composable as I imagined it...I'm already right at the edge of the field and I didn't want that redwood in the shot).  The sunflowers should be up for a few more weeks, so I'll try again before they fade...

No comments: