Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

July 20


Back to the garden again today.   I spent some time photographing the tomatillo plant and watching bees come and go.  My favorite photos were the simpler ones with just the blossoms though. Usually back lit. I brought a chair out the the garden, and I have to admit I felt a little bit like Marlon Brando in the Godfather when he's in the garden with his grandson. Not the dying part. The watching the garden grow part. I'm learning that different bees pollinate different plants. And that they come in groups about every half hour. I'm learning the difference between pumpkin and squash blossoms, and between male and female blossoms. And my pumpkin plant that I was complaining about the other day now has two little pumpkins. More Bert than Ernie in shape.  Fun to see the changes each day.  Still working with my prime lens, and f/2.2.  Right now I think it captures the garden mood best.

No comments: