Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Saturday, July 16, 2011

July 16

Our hike up the Old Stage Road at Mt. Tam.  This was one of our sunny patches.  From our view at the West Point Inn we saw fog roll through twice, and we had to travel through several different weather patterns, although you wouldn't guess it from this shot.  It's supposed to be "the road less traveled."  I took about five or six photos of this scene, but my favorite by far was the one with Anna above the horizon line.  I think it's the most interesting, and now recall my teacher saying that if you're photographing people and a horizon line then it's best if the people break the horizon.  I took the photo from more of a ground level perspective to make the road bigger.  I was probably just kneeling.  I'm not so hard corp as to lie on a dirt road for a photo...yet :)  Anna thinks she looks like a hippy here, but I'm really happy with her choice of clothing today.  It looks like Rainbow Girl heading to her job in the sky!

No comments: