Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Monday, July 18, 2011

July 18

View from my garden...I started out focusing on the little curl of vine, but decided it was a better picture if the water droplets were in focus. f/2.2  I think that was the wrong setting.  Maybe something around f/4 would have been better because I'd like that entire section of vine if focus.  Shifting my angle might have helped, but I think I used that angle because I wanted the blossoms in the background. Also could have underexposed this shot a bit more.  Now I object to the blownout section of flower just behind the curl...
I think the vine is my pumpkin plant, although it's a little crowded in this stretch, so butternut squash or bon bon squash are also possibilities.  No pumpkins yet.  Lots and lots of vines and blooms, but no pumpkins.  On the other hand, four large butternut squash so far.  I'm growing to love the plants that put their energy into producing fruit.  They take up less space and yet have much to offer.  And the pumpkins better get going if we're going to have something to carve at Halloween!  My Valenciano white pumpkin plant has three pumpkins growing, so at least we won't have to have a Jack-o-lantern butternut squash...although come to think of it, that would be interesting...

No comments: