Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Monday, August 20, 2012

It's just a leaf

I'm not that excited about this one.  I was walking Clover and noticed the first autumn leaf lying on the ground.  I guess the main problem I have with this photo is that it doesn't look like a fall leaf.  In color it's bright red and yellow.  When I converted it to black and white I chose the infrared option.  I need to explore more about converting photos to black and white, but infrared seems to turn green to white, and because the veins were a greenish-yellow color they turned more white.  Also I held the leaf up to the sun, which is what gives it the nice glow.

1 comment:

Steve Gravano said...

Nice, I like the designs the veins make, especially when there is more contrast between the two.