Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Monday, March 4, 2013

Capay Valley 4

I have to admit, these photos are starting to cross my eyes; the possibilities seem endless to me right now, and I'm losing the ability to judge one from another.  I feel like a person with an addiction who needs help!  I want to head back to Capay one more time to get some photos when the blossoms start collecting on the ground.  Probably tomorrow, since our car is in the shop today.  I was doing a little research on California almond growing.  California produces over 80% of the world's almonds, and accounts for 100% of US production.  It turns out that the Capay Valley and Yolo County are not even close to the biggest producers of almonds; this really surprised me.  Capay Valley certainly embrace its role in almond production, with orchards extending for 30 miles up the valley.  This year's festival was the 98th annual! 

No comments: