Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Saturday, March 9, 2013

American River

At this time of year, if it rains in the valley it snows in the Sierras.  And since I'm in one of my obsessive photography phases right now...and since it snowed in the Sierras this week...I had to hurry up there and see what I could find.  Conditions were perfect today.  I'd love to go during a snow storm, but I refuse to put the chains on my van.  So the trick is to go just after the snow finishes, when the chain restrictions end, but the snow is still on the trees.  My only issue was that somehow I changed the settings in my camera to not include the RAW file.  I realized this as some point, but it was a few hours later, and by then this great morning light was long gone.  Sigh.  Going to Tahoe is my least favorite morning trip, because I have to get up so early.  We're probably in for some good rains in March, I'm just not sure if I want to drive back up there again.  I'm not saying I won't do it; especially in a photo-happy phase like this.  If they get another good snow and conditions are right...

2 comments:

Lynette said...

Thanks for being so adventurous and getting photos like this to share. It is lovely.

brattcat said...

quite elegant...even if you're not 100 percent satisfied...that happens so rarely even when everything is perfect.