Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

August 10


Today's photo is a welcome change of pace.  There's this building on campus that is aptly nicknamed the Death Star.  It's this labrynth of geometric shapes, and I have to admit, really fun to photograph.  I was near campus around 10:30 this morning so I reconned the building, and ended I up really liking the shadows at that time. Although I think this building holds possibilities throughout the day as the light changes.  In the words of my high school chemistry teacher, Mr. Ertel, photographing the Death Star is "like shootin' fish in a rain barrel!"  I love the angle on this one; it reminds me of an aperture.  And on the topic of aperture, I don't know why I used 4.5 here; the building line on the left is all fuzzy.  I really wish I'd used a smaller aperture.  Also I wish the right wall were brighter so maybe fill flash would have helped.  Anyway, expect more photos from this location in postings down the road.  There's lots to learn here!
f/4.5, 1/250, 32mm

No comments: