Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Friday, August 13, 2010

August 13

Well, another sunset photo.  It was so busy today though that I didn't have a chance to get out with my camera until sunset.  I overexposed by a few stops to get the different color bands at the bottom.  If I didn't overexpose I got a really beautiful orange in the sky but the ground layers were lost.  I spotted this as a scene a few days ago when I was looking for places to take yesterday's photo.  So I had this shot in mind for a day like today when I was really too busy and tired to be into photography (thankfully a rare day!)  I think it came out better before though.  The sunset is always the same here...no clouds, just color bands.  But I'm starting to realize that some evenings the colors are much more intense than others.  Right now I have no way to predict the good color nights though...I'll be tracking this to see if I can figure out a formula...

f/9, 1/6, ISO100, 200mm, vivid

No comments: