Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Monday, August 9, 2010

August 9

An early post today...I headed out just after sunrise to the almond orchards sort of near Winters.  It's just so cool to drive through here at any time of day, but the early morning light filtering through the leaves made me stop and get the tripod out.  I had to underexpose this by two stops to keep the dark shadows otherwise the glowing leaves were kind of lost in a brighter background.  This was my favorite, with the highest aperture.  So the other thing that's neat about these orchards in the morning is all the wildlife you can spot.  There was a big rafter of turkeys (yes that's the proper name for a group of turkeys, although it sounds ridiculous!) and also California quail that have this crazy fop off the tops of their heads, and rabbits with enormous ears.  All future photo opportunities I suppose.
f/29, 1sec., ISO100, 160mm, polarizer, vivid

No comments: