Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

August 24


A few confessions here: one, I'm a little bit infatuated with this barn.  I've been thinking for a while what would be the best way to photograph it.  And two, the first page I check in the newspaper every morning is the weather page.  Here I'm looking for sunrise/sunset and moonrise/moonset.  In Olympia I was always checking the tides too.  So I'd been thinking this might be a good photo today, including both the barn and the full moon rising.  I wanted to zoom to 200mm so the moon would be large yet still include all of the barn.  Unfortunately I couldn't do that without setting up deep in a field of sunflowers!  So here it is, 105mm.  I feel a little like Harold and the Purple Crayon, putting the moon in the window, but it shows off a little of the barn's character, I think. 
f/9, 1/13, 105mm

No comments: