Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Sunday, August 8, 2010

August 8

We went to Folsom Reservoir today.  We entered at Granite Bay, so I've tried to highlight that in this photo.  These granite outcroppings sort of lead you toward the water and I just tried to show that with my old standby, the wide-angle shot.  The glacier lines and intrusions sort of lead you into the photo (or at least that was the idea).  This was taken right before we left, around 6pm, so the light had toned down a little, but it was pretty harsh light here all afternoon.  Anyway I like the color of the granite, and the polarizer got a nice shade of blue on the water.  For a bright light photo I guess it holds it's own.  I'm still really partial to yesterday's photo though.
 f/7.1, 1/200, 30mm, polarizer

No comments: