Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Monday, August 15, 2011

August 15

Poor Clover returned home from the kennel with the Cone of Shame :(  She snagged her ear on her cage and had to get stitches.  She's actually falling asleep here...she's not that upset about the cone, and manages to get around ok.  Stitches come out on Saturday.  f/4.5, 1/60, 34mm

Looking at attacking the daily post with renewed interest after having a conversation with two professional photographers in Ludington.  Todd and Brad Reed.  I'll include a link to their website with my other links.  They also did a photo a day for a year.  Called the 365 Project, they started January 1, 2010 and between them published 730 photos.  What was most interesting to me was that Jim Brandenberg was also their inspiration!  And while most of the photos were strikingly artistic outdoors photos, many were mundane, everyday things, or around town.  It made me feel like, not only could I do that, but that I should do that.  The trick for me will be not to take too much time on any given photo.  I get a tremendous amount of insight and growth practicing everyday.  And if I'm not too critical of my photos, then I think posting everyday ought to be doable for me...maybe.  Anyway here's hoping...

No comments: