Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

August 23

I can't believe today was the first day of school!  Where did summer go?  This is an unlikely first day of school photo, but my youngest child, who likes to remain anonymous on the blog, is also not wild about having his photo taken.  I had this great morning shot in mind, with a long shutter exposure and rear curtain flash of him taking off on his bike (no school buses in Davis).  But he took off like Lance Armstrong trying not to get photographed by his mom on the Tour de France, and my one shot photo didn't turn out how I envisioned.  So here he is coming in this evening.  Love the long late-day shadows cast in our garage!  Think really hot, because that's what it's like in our garage late in the day.   f/13, 1/500, ISO100, 38mm.

No comments: