Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

August 24

I had a dinner is San Francisco today.  I didn't want to pass up this photo opportunity, so I left early and came in from the north over the Golden Gate Bridge.  I could see fog around the bridge from a distance, and I was hoping the conditions would be the same as my magical first trip over this bridge last year, but this turned out to be too much fog.  Still I had fun experimenting with camera settings, slowly figuring out to overexpose (by about 4 or 5 stops), and to increase the saturation (Nikon picture style "more vivid").  Ultimately I tried a slow exposure to blur the traffic.  When this girl walked into my shot I knew I had my favorite image.  I love how it looks like everything is disappearing into the fog.  Problem...I didn't have my tripod again.  This time I accidentally brought it into the house.  It's supposed to stay in the car.  So this should definitely NOT have been a hand-held shot.  Otherwise, I'm really happy with it! f/22, 1/6, ISO125, 45mm, more vivid.

No comments: