Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Friday, August 26, 2011

August 26

I've been thinking about the types of photos I've been drawn to recently, and realized that I rarely take the calendar shot.  And that is something I need to work on.   I thought of that tonight when I spotted this barn.  We don't usually have glorious sunsets here, especially in the summer, but the light was pretty tonight just after the sun set.  I messed around with my white balance for a while, trying to get the color of the grass to look right.  It was either too yellow or too white.  This one was the best.  Also the best saturation of the sky color.  I'm frustrated to see that my white balance setting here was auto!  Oh well.  When I started there weren't any sheep in the photo, but they came my way pretty quickly.  I was thinking they liked the music from my radio!  So I ended up opting for a quicker shutter speed so they wouldn't be blurs.  The bad thing is that made the fence in the front too blurry.  I'm ok with this photo, but definitely going to be "looking" for more panoramic scenes to photograph!  f/2.8, 1/25, ISO400, 44mm, vivid.

No comments: