Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Saturday, August 27, 2011

August 27

I really liked the early morning light and reflections at the lily pond in front of the retirement community today.  A rose bush at the far end of the pond made the bright pink reflection.  I wish this water lily was already open, but it looks nice as a bud.  I'd like to come back and try this shot again, with a faster shutter speed (around 1/500), so maybe I'll wait until it's open.  Although like the Robert Frost poem, I'm saving that shot for another day, knowing full well how way leads on to way, because I rarely come back to photograph again.  And I think that's because I don't really like re-posting the same scene on the blog.  It's a weakness.  So I'm making myself a promise to try this photo again, even if I don't post it here...   f/5, 1/160, ISO100, 200mm.

No comments: