Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

September 14


Cross country meets are definitely exposing me to all the regional parks in the area.  Today I was at Elk Grove Regional Park watching a meet.  There's a huge man-made lake in the park, and the center looks like a tropical island.  You can almost imagine a castaway sitting under one of the palm trees waiting for a ship to pass by for rescue.  This dad and son were cooling off in the shade, and I thought it made a strong picture.  f/3.5 at 1/1600, ISO100, 185mm.
This abstract was made at the same park.  I love this photo too and can't decide which one to use.  Probably because a water abstract is something I've been working on for quite a while and this is the best I've gotten.  My one regret with it is that I didn't use a higher aperture so it's clearer at the edges.  The scene is actually a reflection of a bridge (white picket fence style).  The ripples are made by ducks this time.   f/5 at 1/1250, ISO400, 200mm.

No comments: