Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Friday, September 16, 2011

September 16

I'm iffy on this one right now.  I like the white; expecially the variation of white tones.  Still no Imogen Cunningham.  I wanted the focus to be sharper overall, but for a closeup I have to use my macro filter, which by design causes things to fall out of focus.  This photo was taken about 6pm and the daisy was starting to close for the night.  That's why the edges are so fuzzy; they're just too close to the camera.  This daisy, which caught my eye because from a distance it looked like the center was black, is only a block over from my house.  So I came back with my tripod to try to increase the depth of focus with a high aperture long exposure.  Unfortunately the tripod stood the camera up too far from the daisy for a close up.  f/5.6 at 1/30, ISO400, 35mm, +10 macro filter

No comments: