Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Monday, September 5, 2011

September 5

We picnicked tonight at Lagoon Valley Regional Park.  I was figuring on taking a much more "valley oak" type of photo, but I made the mistake of sitting with my back to the sun as we ate.  So all of a sudden I realized that the sun was going down and my camera was in the car!  Luckily there are hundreds of geese swimming around here.  Usually in big groups like this too.  So I ended up with an m.c.escher type photo instead.  Since this is an after sunset photo, I'm thinking maybe I should have overexposed a bit more to make the "white" parts a little whiter.  This is not a black and white photo...that's just how the light was.  Pretty flat actually.  Thank goodness for the pretty patterns on the water and that nice geese formation!  f/5.6, 1/400, ISO400, 105mm.

No comments: