Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Sunday, September 25, 2011

September 25

Amazing clouds today all the way from Salem, Oregon to Sacramento.  And no one in the car but me, so I didn't have to feel guilty about stopping as often as I wanted to photograph!  I like this photo of Mt. Shasta because it's so overcast on the foreground and cloud, and so bright on the mountain.  And also I think the cloud makes it look like a window view of the mountain, or like a curtain going up.  A few years ago we went to see Mount St. Helens on an overcast day.  We sat through a presentation in an auditorium, and when it ended, the white screen lifted revealing an enormous picture window looking out on Mount St Helens.  Only the view outside was unchanged.  Just white fog!  Not so with this dramatic curtain.   f/11 at 1/500, ISO400, 86mm.

No comments: