Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Cosmos in September Light

This photo makes me happy.  I've been in a lousy photo mood all week, and this splash of color really lifts my spirits.  I think the black and white project is getting to me.  And always looking for the calendar shot is getting to me, because all of a sudden all photos seem really trite to me.  I feel like every shot I see has already been done.  So I decided I need to balance this project a little, just for the sake of my photo spirit.  The two things in this photo that lift me up are the light and the fact that I grew these cosmos in my garden!  They are actually a much deeper purple, but my camera misreads purple flower tones, and usually captures them as more pink.  I forgot that September brings such a pretty morning light on our kitchen table; the moment I saw the light on the vase I dropped everything and started working on this shot.  :^D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perfect combination of light and color and water. A great mix of nature. I love cosmos but did not have as much luck as you did with all the shade.

bandit said...

so, you notice the light of autumn, also? marvelous . . .