Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Drake's Beach

Day 15 in black and white.  Drake's Beach lies on the south side of the Point Reyes Peninsula, and since the wind was coming from the north (and a very cold wind it was!) this beach was very calm.  Also I think we got there just as the tide was starting to come in, although I'm not sure about that.  Anyway, the water patterns were very interesting.  I mostly tried photographing into the sun which put the water patterns at an angle.  This was my only shot straight toward the waves, and it had a strong side light.  Turns out it was by far my favorite, because I like the water pattern better this way, and because it isn't too contrasty.

1 comment:

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

This is a great b/w and I know this area well. Your Inverness shot of the sailboat is absolutely ethereal!

Happy blue moon birthday to your blue moon baby.

Bises,
Genie