Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Yurok Tribe

The mouth of the Klamath River is several miles off 101, and much further down the road than I thought, so I barely made it here before the sunset.  I drove as far as I could down the road, and all of a sudden I was on a huge parking lot full of hundreds of campers, along the edge of the water full of fishermen, with hundreds of birds circling overhead.  It took me a minute to realize I was at a Native American fishing encampment.  It smelled like lots dinner being grilled, and a little bit like fireworks, but the overwhelming scent was fresh fish.  And at this point a beautiful orange sunset silhouetted all the fishing boats in the bay.  A very peaceful spot to watch the setting sun!

2 comments:

Lynette said...

What special moments you've captured, in image and words. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

This trip up the coast has to be on our list next visit to the Golden State and North.