Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Yurok Tribe

The mouth of the Klamath River is several miles off 101, and much further down the road than I thought, so I barely made it here before the sunset.  I drove as far as I could down the road, and all of a sudden I was on a huge parking lot full of hundreds of campers, along the edge of the water full of fishermen, with hundreds of birds circling overhead.  It took me a minute to realize I was at a Native American fishing encampment.  It smelled like lots dinner being grilled, and a little bit like fireworks, but the overwhelming scent was fresh fish.  And at this point a beautiful orange sunset silhouetted all the fishing boats in the bay.  A very peaceful spot to watch the setting sun!

2 comments:

Lynette said...

What special moments you've captured, in image and words. Thanks for sharing.

caregiver/Gin said...

This trip up the coast has to be on our list next visit to the Golden State and North.