Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

A Healthy Farm

The Capay Valley is known around here for its organic farming.  And in fact, the orchard filled with this wild mustard is part of a large CSA farm.  The mustard fields were buzzing with bees, and full of ladybugs.  At any given spot I could probably find three ladybugs in my immediate surroundings.  Ladybugs are a sign of a healthy agriculture ecosystem; they eat a tremendous amount of garden pests.  I'm not usually a primary color fan. My favorite three colors in order are (green, orange, and purple).  Still, I really like the primary colors in this photo, maybe because I don't photograph them very often.  Maybe because they're just so cheery!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beutiful as always. Marvelous shot.

brattcat said...

beautiful shot.