Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Monday, February 25, 2013

Napa Valley Graveyard

A grapevine graveyard like this one is so rare in Napa Valley.  The wine industry is big business, and vineyard land is utilized efficiently.  I stumbled upon this field on accident when I took a wrong turn looking for a coffee shop.  It was an exciting moment!  I think these gnarled old grapevine stems are so pretty.  It turns out there's a walking path right through this field.  Of course I tried it out!  What a wonderful way to spend a morning!

2 comments:

brattcat said...

oh, melissa, i like to travel with you. you take us to the most marvelous places.

Doug Hickok said...

Marvelous image Melissa! I love the way you framed this one :^) What fascinating shapes you found!