Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Solitude

The winter beach is a great place to go if you want to be alone...or alone with your sweetheart on Valentine's Day!  Most days I didn't see a single soul out here, and there's a nice peace to having the beach all to yourself.  On my first few days it was very cold and very windy, so the solitude took on a Lawrence of Arabia feel, because the blowing sand can really sting!  I was always trying to shield my camera.  One of the benefits to running such a long series, is that it has given me time to get my sensor cleaned.  I was worried I got sand in my camera.  I've never had so many sensor spots (I cleaned over 40 off this photo, taken my last day there).   There were plenty of calm days too, like the one I photographed here.  No wind, just peace and quiet.

2 comments:

brattcat said...

beautiful!

píxeles y neuronas said...

Really beautiful! Why not B&W?
Agustín.