Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Monday, February 11, 2013

Snow Fence

Snow fences were coming down both sides of the dunes at the State Park.  The other side includes a sledding hill, but I had better luck with composing this side.  And I learned a thing or two about walking in snow drifts on sand dunes!  I had to head up the dunes a bit to get this photo, and for a while I was walking right on top of the frozen sand.  Then all of a sudden I hit a different side of the drift and my feet started dropping deep into the dune.  With every step I was at least up to my knees in sand and snow!  I did pack my snow boots, and I was prepared to knock some snow off at the end of my photo shoot, but I really wasn't imagining having to clean so much sand off my legs and boots!

2 comments:

brattcat said...

the sacrifices we make for art. this one was well worth it. this beach snow series is really fantastic.

Melissa said...

Ha ha! Yes, I like that idea. I was suffering for my art! :)