Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Monday, February 18, 2013

And the Mustard...

It was extensive!  It's got to be one of the first things to bloom around here in the almost-spring, and it really will be everywhere soon.  Painting every roadside in a cheery spring green.  I can't account for the blue in the sky here. We are getting a stronger blue these days, but not this rich.  I wasn't using my polarizer, so I'm not sure why the sky is so deep, but I really do like it.  The sun was hot, even though it was only in the 60s, and I had to go back to the car and get a hat!  So maybe it just comes from the heat?  Beyond this extensive patch of wildflowers the pervasive brownness is still visible.  It makes this photo deceptive.  It's not really spring, but you can feel it coming.   

No comments: